The interest of the modern Western world on the wisdom of the ancient eastern Chinese herbal remedy as a complementary or alternative treatment therapy is rising and becoming popular due to the holistic approach, emphasis on quality of life and prevention of illness by strengthening and restoring the body’s defense mechanisms.
Creating a strong immunity mechanism is essential for that body to acknowledge and eliminate cancerous cells. Cancer is really a disease resulting from uncontrolled defective cell division from damaged genes from your body parts. A weaker or impaired immunity improves your susceptibility to various bacterial and virus infection, allergies, eczema, chronic fatigue, sickness and aging prematurely also.
Modern advanced technology and scientific research have helped to unlock the various preventive and healing secrets in Chinese herbs.
Past of Ancient Herbal Remedy – Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum) – is a mushroom widely used in traditional Chinese medicine and traditional Japanese medicine. In Japan it is called Mannetake meaning ‘thousand year mushroom’.
Its Chinese name is Lingzhi which means “herb in the spirit”. It had been an extremely rare and precious Chinese herb in ancient some time and Emperors from the great Chinese dynasties and Japanese royalty drank teas and concoctions of Lingzhi for vitality and long life.
For more than 2000 years Reishi Spore Powder has been probably the most cherished and popular medicinal herb in Asia and rated as one of the superior herbs in the “Seng Nong’s Herbal Classic”, a 2000-years old medicinal Chinese book for:
* its efficacy for multiple diseases
* maintaining and restoring balance towards the body’s interdependent systems
* safety in long-term consumption without any unfavorable side-effects
* natural resistance from the body and longevity
The dried powder of reishi was fashionable as a cancer chemotherapy agent in ancient China. Research has shown that reishi clearly demonstrated anticancer activity with cancer cells and it has possible therapeutic potential being a health supplement for the alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer.
Medicinal mushrooms such as Ganoderma Lucidum (Reishi) and Cordyceps have well been documented in many recent scientific research to become potent medicine to enhance and secure the body’s immune function from certain compounds within them including polysaccharides which boost the activity in the body’s natural killer cells(lymphocytes) which are vital to remove foreign cells(including cancer cells).
Supporting research reports published in the Journal of Alternative Complement Med. 2003, Journal of Cancer Integrative Medicine 2004, International Journal of Oncology 2004, FASEB 2004 demonstrated that Freeze Dried Goji Berry Powder clearly:
* demonstrates anticancer activity in experiments with cancer cells
* protects the liver and improves liver functions
* has possible therapeutic potential being a health supplement for an alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer
Health Advantages of Reishi(Ganoderma Lucidum):
* supports the body’s own defense mechanisms by promoting the activity of antibodies
* improves the body’s resistance to stress and infections
* balances stress response
* reduces allergies
* promotes healthy liver function
* increases the body’s detoxifying process to off load toxins
* inhibits invasiveness of breast and prostate cancer cells
* supports a typical, restful sleep
* enhances vitality as well as
Tips to select the Best Reishi
* choose red reishi – it provides the very best quality extract and contains most scientific evaluations
* choose those with cracked spores – which release the medicinal benefits and absorbed by body
* solid wood log cultivation – this determines the potency of hyazxb resulting fungus
* search for Good Manufacturing Practice(GMP) standards – this ensures the stability of Shiitake Mushroom Extract active bio-components harvested
* standardization of active constituents – the strength of reishi lies in the polysaccharides and triterpenes contents
Many commercial preparations are available, such as extracts, dietary supplement, tinctures, dried fruiting bodies, teas and teabags, tonics and pills.